The stitches of life

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Hello again 

Hmm, I didn't mean to start off sounding like a Neil Diamond song--sorry about that ;). I've decided I need to make an effort to come here and write more often, that and going more often to my cross stitch board are 2 of my goals for the summer. My attentions have shifted the last few months from 2 of my favorite hobbies--gardening and stitching--to another one: travel. And not just travel anywhere but travel to Disneyworld! As with any of my obsessions I read (another obsession, fortunately one I can use for the others lol ;) everything I can get my hands on about it. That includes discussion boards, and as the Disney ones are rather large and quite busy it takes a lot of time to even skim them on a regular basis. So to my stitching friends I apologize--when I've had the free time to be on the computer (which hasn't been much recently) I've been spending it either reading the Disney boards or playing mindless computer games ;).

In my defense I've always been passionate about travel, and I've been very fortunate that I've been able to travel to many different places, both here and abroad. When the boys came we were limited in our travel options and didn't take any "big" trips for many years. I didn't realize how much I missed the planning/reading part of travel until I started planning for our first family trip to Disney last October. Because it had been so long and so much had changed (both at Disney and with travel in general) there was a lot to catch up on and learn new. As with other cases I threw myself into it and lost myself in it. I did the same when I first joined the cross stitch board--it had been so long since I had stitched on a regular basis and so much had changed that I just lost myself in catching up. Now that I feel more caught up with Disney I am emerging a bit from that "cocoon" and trying to get my other passions back online ;).

While I get a lot of information from the Disney boards they aren't communities to me. They are to others of course, just not to me. My community and my family are at Cross Stitch Crazy and I've missed them terribly! Not stitching, and not talking or reading about it, have left a hole in my life that I need to fix. Not gardening has done the same thing. So my main goal for the summer is to start stitching again on a regular basis and to get out in the garden again, at least to maintain it if nothing else ;). Visiting the board and updating here will hopefully help with that, so to those who are reading I say Hello Again!
Posted by hollyday @ 7:45 AM

Comments:

Sooooooo....... what are you stitching?
By Blogger Margaret, at 8:20 AM
At the moment I need to finish a couple of RR's!
By Blogger hollyday, at 8:44 AM
Hey there! We miss you too! But I totally understand that travel bug, so not going to say much. I am finishing up the writing on my posts about Disney (all 16 of them), and hopefully will download pics next week and get them posted. Glad to see you around more.
I'm in the same boat, but my new passion is genealogy and it's taking up massive amounts of my time.....

It's good to see you back :)
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:36 AM
Well hello stranger... what's your name again? LOL Just teasing! If anything get out in your garden! Since we both love that feeling so much it's hard to imagine you NOT out there! Have fun in Disneyworld!
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:53 AM
I get exactly the same way. One track mind about certain things and other aspects and interests in my languish. It is sad, but true.

I miss the Cross Stitch board too, but it seems all I ever do is post every 5 hours on one piece. With all the house stuff, I only really have time for blogging and even that has been neglected as of late.

I'll see you on the board, because now I have to try and make an effort too! Thanks
By Blogger Tammy, at 9:52 AM
Hey stranger...don't stay away too long this time.
By Blogger Kristin, at 3:25 PM