The stitches of life

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Day 4--Magic Kingdom! 

After a peaceful day at AK and an early bedtime we were woken up by Stitch again ;). Up, changed and down to the food court by about 7 and on the bus around 7:20. Which was a good thing because apparently the MK magic hours are more popular than the Epcot ones--our bus went to a lot more stops (on Epcot day we were the last stop) and there was standing room only. It wasn't packed by any means, but it was more crowded than we'd had yet in the mornings. Anyway as we got close you could see the castle. Ian put his hand over his eyes and said "I don't want to ruin my first sight of it when we get in the park"--awww! That made Brendan do it too, problem was he wanted to get off the bus that way ;). We explained to him he couldn't see the castle anymore and wouldn't be able to see it until he was in the park, so in that way we were able to get him off the bus safely lol ;). When we got in I forgot to look at the kids faces as I was too busy taking everything in, but I know they were very impressed--videos and books just don't do it justice :). All the fall/halloween decorations were up and looked really pretty:


We headed for tomorrowland and had basically no lines. We did have to wait a few minutes for the Laugh Floor, but nothing bad. That show is so cool by the way and Ian got picked (because of his Pluto hat)!:Oh, did I mention I had the family high score in Buzz? 53,800! Dave was incredulous--he couldn't understand how a videogame novice like me beat him ;). Next was fantasyland:



Dave took like a thousand pictures in Small World--no kidding! He took more pictures in that ride than anywhere else in the resort, including the safari and halloween fireworks :). I guess he felt the Disney magic too ;). He rode it as a kid and remembers it well, and it's one of his mom's favorite rides, so he took pictures for her as much as for him ;). We did Mickey's Philharmagic next and all I can say is WOW! Another highlight for us for this trip--absolutely fantastic!


After that we made our way over to Frontierland, roundabout behind the castle. The Magic Kingdom was the hardest for me to figure out in terms of where things were. In Epcot it's a lot more straightforward, in AK they have signs everywhere, but in MK everything is so compact and there are so many twists, turns and hidden ways it's hard to find your way around. We eventually got there to find that Big Thunder Mtn. Railroad was open--yay! (it had been closed for refurbishment) But the wait was almost an hour long so we got fastpasses and went over to Splash Mtn. It was a cloudy and kind of cool day so the wait was pretty short, so Dave and Ian went on while Brendan and I waited. After they got off we headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean which had another short wait. Rode it, loved it ('natch) and went back over to frontierland for lunch at Pecos Bill--yummy! We made our way out via the back of the castle and got some neat pictures:

I decided I wanted to stop in a couple of stores on Main st., so we went to Main St. Bakery--omg how scrumptious! I picked up some goodies there for back at the room and made my way over to the Emporium. Talk about overwhelming! Dave kept the boys outside and when I came out showed me what they did while I shopped:Before we left the park Dave took pictures of the decorations at the entrance to Main St.:

Up next--more fun with towel animals, swimming and the Halloween party!
Posted by hollyday @ 7:17 AM

Comments:

OMG I LOVE the halloween stuff! I think those cute boys need to be hired! Imagine, Holly living in the castle lol....I think everyone is mesmerized by "It's a small world" -- it was one of our faves too.
By Blogger Velda, at 12:38 PM