The stitches of life

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Day 4--Magic Kingdom pt. 2 

There will be a few parts for MK because of the Halloween pictures lol ;). Back at the room we had yet another fun surprise waiting for us. Ian kept saying all moring he wondered what she'd do today, and maybe it had something to do with the food chain (smart kid ;). Turns out she didn't continue the food chain theme (I don't think rabbits eat snakes anyway ;) but it was still very cute:
The boys really wanted to go to the feature pool on Ol' Man Island, so we took them over and Dave swam with them. They tried the slide and loved it! That's all they did the rest of the time ;).
After baths and a little rest (not much ;) we headed back over for our 5:00 ADR's at Crystal Palace. When we got in we found we had hit the last part of a family fun parade:
After we got to the Crystal Palace and checked in, Brendan realized he could see the stage at the Castle and the Dream show they were doing. He would have stayed to watch the whole thing, but they called our name and the table was more important ;). They had a ball with the characters, who also had really good interaction. Eeyore was a good sport and posed for me again when I told him I'd cut off the top of his head in the first shot lol ;). He also started to walk away with Brendan's pen, and when he went to get it Eeyore pretended to eat it--too cute! Piglet was a bit brief, but who can argue when the whole experience was so good :). The food was great also, especially the adobo pulled pork--yum yum!
Now that we were stuffed we decided to hit the last 2 rides from our top list that we'd missed that morning--BTMR and the Haunted Mansion. We went to the Haunted Mansion first and on the way had to take these ;)
It was a fun ride, not sure how the refurb changed things since I don't think I'd ridden it before. After that we went to BTMR and we all LOVED it--it's always been my favorite ride and now it's one of the boys' too--yay! Made me wish I'd gotten another set of fastpasses before we left the park earlier ;). It was starting to sprinkle a bit and Dave didn't have a rain jacket, so we waited by Splash Mtn. while he ran in and got a poncho (which came in very handy later). By that time the party had started, so we made our way to Adventureland, hit our first candy stop and Brendan and Dave rode PoC again. We hit the Haunted Mansion candy stop and made our way to the Hall of Presidents to stake out a seat for the parade. Got a space right on the rope line, spread out the poncho and sat down :).

Stay tuned for Boo to You parade and Hallowishes fireworks pictures!
Posted by hollyday @ 8:14 AM

Comments:

I LOVED the haunted mansion, we went at night!
By Blogger Velda, at 12:36 PM
I'm loving reading these posts, Holly!!!

I'm finally caght up. Haven't been to WDW since 1998 and since I was there for a meeting I only did MK for a day with J&J (and baby Sophia in the sling!).
By Blogger Margaret, at 1:06 PM
I am loving these posts as well! I need to take my kids one day soon. Thanks for sharing
By Blogger Jen, at 9:52 AM