The stitches of life

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Dinner in under an hour 

For a few weeks! I just got back from Dinner Done and in one hour I made:

Bourbon Chicken (comes w/ rice)
Classic Crusted Beef w/ Horseradish Sauce
Double Stack Beef Quesadillas
Mushroom Cheese Chicken (2 orders, it's our favorite)
Pork Tenderloin w/ Carmelized Apples *and*
Shrimp Scampi w/ Capellini Pasta

Along with those main dishes I got the side dish sampler, so I got 2 orders of Twice Baked Loaded Mashed Potatoes and 2 orders of Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes :). Each of the entrees serves 4-6, which means they make 8 meals at least for Dave and me--they are my "adult" meals for when we don't feel like eating typical kid fare ;). The side dishes also last us for at least 4 meals each, so I've got at least a month's worth of meals (and sides) made now and all in one hour! You can't beat that with a stick lol ;).

The best thing about Dinner Done (aside from the fabulous taste ;)? I have more time for stitching, gardening and reading when I don't have to worry about making dinner every night!

Currently working on: Blackwork RR, RR 9, Perpetual Calendar RR
Posted by hollyday @ 12:58 PM

Comments: