The stitches of life

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Watch out for that hare! 

I love my friend Christine :). She talks sometimes about how she'll get "a wild hare" (hair? ;) and do something no one expects. She tells me I sometimes do that to and I laughed when she said it--I'm so goody-two shoes that I don't think I've ever done anything which could be classified as wild in any way lol ;). Then I got to thinking and realized that maybe, just maybe she's right--one episode that springs immediately to mind involves a ship and a certain officer...

Anyway I mention this because last night I think I must have had a "wild hare"--how else to explain what I did? Nothing earth-shattering, dangerous, illegal etc., just an email sent to a friend. Even then it wasn't anything bad, at least I don't think it was, but it was one of those things that after you send it you smack your head and go "why did I think that was a good idea?" I've generally found that, hard as it is, if something's bothering you you should speak up. Most of the time (if it's done nicely and in an adult manner) you will eventually get a satisfactory outcome. Even if you don't, nothing is served if you don't try at all right? And yet those who know me know that I usually keep quiet for a long time--usually longer than I should have. Why? Because I hate to rock the boat ;). Because I don't want to upset those I love. Because I don't want to risk losing them. All of which are valid reasons. But experience (and Dave ;) have taught me that I'm worth more than what I'm getting in these situations, so I try to take a deep breath and say something. I don't always manage to do it, but I did last night. And now true to form I'm second-guessing myself ;). I think it will turn out okay, I hope it does, but you never know...

Wow, this is certainly a cryptic entry isn't it? ;) Definitely falls into one of those "only makes sense to me" ones lol. That's okay, I'm in a mood to ramble today :).

Currently working on: Blackwork RR, RR 9
Posted by hollyday @ 7:40 AM

Comments:

It always works out...you're so much like me. I'd say don't worry but I know you better than that ((Hugs))
By Blogger Velda, at 10:07 AM
Things always work out. Sometimes not the way we imagine, but they work out nonetheless:) ((hugs))
By Blogger oktanya, at 10:13 AM