The stitches of life

Monday, July 23, 2007

No, I'm not dead ;) 

Wow, I didn't realize it had been a month since I updated--where has the time gone?! Having the boys home really messes with my schedule ;). Between that and the garden I pretty much abandon all semblances of a regular schedule in the summer, including stitching. I think next year I need to remember to not schedule any RR's in the summer--keep that in mind would you V? ;)

I've also been busy planning our first family trip to Disney World in the fall and I'm so excited! As much as, if not more so, than the kids sad to say ;). We're taking them out of school in October, flying down and spending a week there (although we'll only be in the park 3 days). It will be their first airplane trip which they're both excited about as am I--I love flying and hope they do too :). There was always something about flying that made a vacation that much more exciting when I was a kid, and still does. When the plane takes off and you feel that sensation, well there's nothing like it and you just know there's an adventure ahead :). I'm sure I'll post more details about it as it gets closer, but for now only 92 days to go!

Stitching--well not much going on there. I finally got the blackwork RR off a week late, and now I'm late on RR 9 *sigh*. I'm going to get that out this week, then do the next blackwork RR, and then my first RR9. If I just sit down and buckle down I have no problems, the problem is sitting down lol ;). I'm not sure if I'll stitch on anything else or not, at least until the end of August when things start winding down and it's too hot to garden.

The garden--Dave and I did a lot of projects before he went off for training 2 weeks ago which was nice. He cleaned up the end of our driveway by the house and we both weeded/pruned/straightened the front beds. I weeded and put down tons of newspaper and mulch around the hydrangea bed and the daylilies by the wall, which I've wanted to do since last year but never found the time ;). We pulled off the horrible viney weed which was literally choking the shrubs around the storm drain and we'll have to do it again in the fall I'm sure. We didn't do this at all last year so the shrubs are in rough shape but look like they'll survive. We still need to put down newspaper and mulch there, but at least they can breathe ;). He cleared out the foundation from the old shed and I cleaned up the patio by the house--so all in all we got a lot done and I'm very happy :). I need to take pictures, not only to share but also to put in my album to help with planning next year ;).

So things are going along well here, just not enough time to do everything as many of you know ;). The summer has gone well so far--the boys are actually fighting less than they did during the school year which really surprises me, but I'll take it ;). I hope the good feelings last into the next school year--it's so nice to see them getting along :).

I will try to post more often I promise! I've got a couple of drafts saved so I guess I could start there ;). Until next time then! :)

Currently working on: Blackwork RR, RR 9
Posted by hollyday @ 9:09 AM

Comments:

Glad to see you back :) I'll keep those rrs in mind lol.....we thought about you tons while in Chi-town..pink was everywhere!
By Blogger Velda, at 12:23 PM
You must post some gardening pics:) I need to steal a few ideas...lol. Disney sounds like fun!
By Blogger oktanya, at 10:13 AM