The stitches of life

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Garden pictures part 2 

I'm sure you all will be quite sick of my pictures by summers end ;). Although I probably won't take many pictures in August because the gardens around here really poop out because of the heat and humidity lol. Anyway, here they are without further ado:


This is Campanula 'Lil Punky'. I love these blooms and the silver leaves!

Here we have hardy Geranium 'Johnson's Blue' along with the snapdragons I planted about a month ago. I showed a picture of them last week too, but there are more blooms there now and I really liked the contrast of colors and bloom shapes :)

The snapdragons that came back from last year bigger and better than ever! Love, love, love these! Again as you can see they have changed a lot since the picture I took last week :).

And last (yes, only 4 pictures this time ;) Hardy Geranium 'Biokovo'. They were actually at their peak last week, but I wanted to get a closer picture of the blooms :). The leaves of this have a fantastic scent :).

It's so neat to see the differences in just one week! I'm also thrilled because I have enough flowers to cut and bring inside, which I never did before ;). I'd read in magazines and catalog descriptions about how this plant or that plant makes for great cutting and I'd think "I'd never cut those and bring them inside--my garden would be bare!" Now that's not a problem and I'm so happy :)

Posted by hollyday @ 9:40 AM

Comments:

How gorgeous!!!!!! Those snaps are stunning! keep those photos coming! And CUT some! waiting for my iris to open so I can cut and I just cut some lilacs this morning :)
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:53 AM
The blue ones are the hardy Geranium 'Johnson's Blue' , right???? I've been wanting to know. They're flourishing in the perennial bed at the entrance at my church and I've been dying to know what they are because they're obviously doing well here.

Must see if the deer like them....
By Blogger Margaret, at 1:47 PM
So pretty. I think of you every time I'm out in my garden.