The stitches of life

Friday, April 06, 2007

Spring Break musings 

Although you wouldn't know it's spring by the weather yesterday and today--cold and cloudy. At least the few spring bulbs that have come up are a little bright spot in all this ;). My mood today matches the weather, which makes me wonder if I should post anything at all lol. I don't want to be gloomy...

Actually it's been a decent spring break--much better than I had anticipated. I haven't felt that great, so it's been a quiet one activity-wise, but all in all it's been good. The boys have been playing video games, amazingly enough without too much fighting or nastiness which was one of my biggest concerns. Since Dave brought the PS2 home during Christmas break they've been obsessed, and it's brought out a level of nastiness in both that I hadn't seen much before. I'm not sure why it's been better this week but I'm eternally grateful :). We haven't done everything I'd planned, but we have done a few little things. The weather was much nicer earlier this week so we went to the park, they played outside a lot, did a scavenger hunt, walked the dog, etc. We met Dave for lunch one day, rented a couple of video games/dvd's, went to La Madeline for lemonade and croissants and to the bookstore (a little ritual for us) and today they have a playdate with their best friends. We still have to dye Easter Eggs and bake Easter cookies, but that will be pretty easy--I'm cheating with the cookies lol (ready-to-bake from the store ;).

I haven't done much with the house, other than a thorough cleaning of the kitchen, but at least that's something right? I spent all yesterday looking for places for Dave and I to go for his birthday weekend, and I spent half of one day stitching, so I think that's pretty good ;). Tonight he and I are going out, and Sunday we're going to the IL's for Easter, so that rounds out the week nicely :).

So all in all not bad, in fact quite nice so far :). A little quiet for some of you I'm sure, but I like it quiet ;). Happy Easter/Spring!

Currently working on: Blackwork RR, Brendan's Superhero Mini RR, Home, Secret Flower Bed, Golden Pavillion
Posted by hollyday @ 8:54 AM

Comments:

Sounds wonderful to me!!! Our week has been even quieter than that!
By Blogger Margaret, at 11:31 AM
Nothing wrong with having some quiet!!!!!! Happy Easter my friend!
By Blogger Velda, at 8:05 AM
Personally I'll be glad when spring break is over and my life can be quiet again LOL!

Enjoy your time with your family.