The stitches of life

Friday, March 02, 2007

It's finished! 




After almost 4 years Ian's Dino Mini RR is done :). Obviously it didn't take me that long to stitch on it--even I'm not that slow lol ;). I put it down and didn't touch it for 3 years, then I picked it up last summer for a bit, put it back down and didn't really get serious about it again until December. I worked on it steadily (if slowly) and never put it down again for more than 2 weeks, which is really good for me ;). I finally finished it last night at 11:06 p.m. One of the main reasons it was hard for me to finish (aside from the "obligation" factor) was that the subject matter and colors were not my style. It's hard to work on a piece when you don't like what you're working on. But I love my son and picturing his face kept me going :). He's been in on the finishing process and was a great cheerleader--I never heard "when is it going to be done?" "why is it taking so long" or anything of the kind. Instead I heard "great job mom!" "it looks really good!" and the best one of all--"thanks mom for doing this for me" :)

So I'm thrilled to have it done. It's the first RR out of the of the 7 I have in my posession (another one is making the rounds as we speak) that I've finished, and the first finish I've had (other than swaps/rr's) in a year and a half--how sad is that? I'm going to finish Brendan's mini next--I only have to finish the Superman symbol and then do Flash and it will be done :). That should only take me a week at the most (less if I drop my rotation for a week) and then I think I'll pull out my band sampler RR from last year--that only has to have my band finished (there's maybe a 1/4 of it left) and it will be done too--3 finishes in one year will be a record for me I think lol ;). I just feel so good about my stitching right now and it's so nice :)
Currently working on: Brendan's Superhero Mini RR, Secret Flower Bed, Mystery Garden
Posted by hollyday @ 9:22 AM

Comments:

Wooooohoooooo! It looks GREAT!
By Blogger Margaret, at 11:52 AM
Congrats on the finish, what a great piece.
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 AM
FANTASTIC holly!!!!!!!! What a great piece!
By Blogger ., at 7:18 AM
Looks awesome!!!! Congrats!

And what great boys you have - they must be a joy to stitch for :)
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:31 AM
It's amazing! Fantastic job Holly. You must be over the moon!