The stitches of life

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

End of month stitching report 

As the first month of the new year draws to a close (can I sound any more like an announcer lol), I thought I'd put down how my rotation went. I'm very pleased with my progress--not so much in numbers of stitches (although I did well there because I actually stitched ;) but in how consistent I was following it. I also did well in my primary goal, which was to allow myself to deviate from it if I wanted/needed to. As a result I finished my Valentine's stitchery on time with no stress, made some progress on Golden Pavillion (instead of starting it, stitching for a couple of hours and then putting it down never to touch it again ;) and came closer to finishing Ian's dino mini. Just the fact that I didn't get tired of working on Ian's piece and convince myself to put it down for a while thrills me :). I think the rotation and allowing myself flexibility played a large role in that. I also started a new piece (LHN's Rose in Morning) and made some progress there, and without throwing off my whole rotation ;). So here's what I tentatively have planned for Feb.:

Monday--Rose in Morning
Tuesday--Golden Pavillion
Wednesday--SAL day (Secret Flower Bed or Enchanted Cottage)
Thursday--French Heart
Friday/weekend--Ian's Dino Mini RR

My goal this month is to finish Ian's piece and maybe Secret Flower Bed, depending on how I feel about it ;). It would be nice to have 2 finishes in one month that aren't RR's or exchanges lol. I also want to continue to be flexible--go off course, adjust if needed, start something else, work on something other than what I have listed here. The only thing I will not change is Ian's piece :).

So that's the state of my stitching for January--thanks for reading and we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming ;)

Currently working on: Golden Pavillion, Ian's Dino Mini RR, Rose in Morning
Posted by hollyday @ 2:10 PM

Comments:

Hey who are you SALing Secret Flower Bed with???? ROTFL.
By Blogger Margaret, at 3:17 PM
I'm not sure actually ;). Some speedy stitcher (who *says* she's slow lol ;) and I think another slow stitcher--my stitching twin if you will ;)
By Blogger hollyday, at 3:42 PM
So happy to hear your rotation worked for you Holly. I so need to work something out, I haven't been stitching hardly at all... I want to but it seems like such an effort to actually do it. You know, get things out, get settled, stitch....LOL *sigh* I hope it continues to work well for you!
Glad to see your rotation is working well for you. I love that you've given yourself the freedom to switch things up as they suit you. Funny, I've cut myself off from the freedom. I've no willpower.

Look forward to posts of future success.
By Blogger Tammy, at 3:07 AM
I'm done that Flower Bed, you two clowns are on your own. I think it is so cool that your rotation is working well for you. I have yet to find any real plan that I can stick to.
Sounds like you did great in January and I am sure February will be just as fabulous! Keep up the good work! Oh and I love your blog!
By Blogger oktanya, at 4:28 PM
I don't think we're talking to Renee anymore. OK I'll at least FIND Flower Bed this month. And put in a stitch or two for you!!!
By Blogger Margaret, at 8:54 AM
LOL Margaret! That would be great if you put in a couple of stitches--that way we'd actually be working on it together :).

Tammy I have the opposite problem--if I restrict myself I want what I can't have so to speak (like dieting lol) and just stop stitching altogether ;).

I know what you mean Pam--I have one of those large mesh bags where I keep the projects I'm currently working on--that way everything is there when I need it :). Before if I had to assemble everything like you I quite often wouldn't do it because of the effort lol ;).
By Blogger hollyday, at 10:26 AM