The stitches of life

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Balance 

I was thinking the other day how nice it is to have some sort of balance return to my life. Now that both the boys are in school I have more time to get things done, and more time for me. Everyone needs me time--I'm one of those people who needs some alone time every day to recharge, otherwise I get very cranky and frazzled. During the past 9 years having a child home most of the time, if it came down to a choice between cleaning or some other house-related issue and me getting some quiet time, I would choose the quiet time. It meant I was a better mother and wife, not to mention a happier person. But I always felt guilty that I wasn't doing as well as I thought I should be with the "house" part of my job. Now I'm able to do better in that role which has given me confidence, pride and satisfaction, and (to my surprise) made me happier also. I haven't been able to integrate everything yet (I don't know if anyone can), but I figure the more things become a habit the more I can add--at least until I reach my limit ;). Sure sometimes things fall apart (sickness, outside factors, etc.), but with more things becoming habit (and learning how to plan) I'm able to get back on track much more quickly than I used to which is very nice :).

Now if I can just get my hobbies to follow suit and become organized I'll be all set!

Currently working on: Ian's dino Mini RR
Posted by hollyday @ 9:06 AM

Comments:

Holly, this sounds so much like me I can hardly believe it! I often have this struggle as we continue on with homeschooling...how to balance it all and recharge when I need to. So glad you are finding some time for you and feeling better about everything.
Usually every month or so, I have to leave by myself for a bit. Like you, I need a recharge.
By Blogger Tina, at 9:48 PM
I think I could have written this post too Holly. Sometimes I feel like a monkey would be a better HausFrau than me.
By Blogger Sara Laughs, at 8:46 AM
Another I could have written that post ... except I'm really hoping the balance and better house is going to happen for me this year :)

Just read your Monday plan too - I try to do that monthly, and it seems to work for me!