The stitches of life

Monday, October 16, 2006

Stitching lists 

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but I feel like putting it in here so there you are ;)

Active WIPs (large)
Rose of Sharon
Ring Around the Rose Tree
Heart's Content Christmas Tree
*Windemere Angel
Celtic Spring

Active WIPs (medium & small)
*Bloom
Secret Flower Bed
Winter Boxer
Moonlight Garden
Sophie's Roses
3 Pale Eggs
Cloister Garden
Enchanted Cottage

RRs that need finishing
Ian's Dino Mini
House Mini
Seasonal
Bead
*Band Sampler

Inactive WIPs (large)
*Rosebud Lullaby
Sitting Pretty
Alphabet
Convent Herbal Garden
Blackwork Sampler
Spring Fairy Spirit

Inactive WIPs (medium & small)
*Mill Hill Snowman
JN Beach Square
Bee Garden
5 Little Pumpkins
Garden Topiary

UFOs (large & small)
*Roses all Around
Around Britian
Huck Towel

* pieces that are closest to being finished in that category

Now in theory Ian's dino mini should be finished by the end of the year--that is my goal and the plan anyway ;). I know logic says I should take the pieces with asteriks and work on them until they're done, that way I have a feeling of accomplishment and can reward myself. That is the plan at the moment, but it may change ;). I've found if I think I have to finish a piece it quite often puts me off of it and I won't want to work on it at all. So in keeping with my "journey, destination" quote from yesterday, if I feel pressure and decide I don't want to work on a particular piece I won't. After all, maybe I'll finish another one instead ;). And the goal is to have fun and enjoy what I'm doing, right? So tentatively here's what I'll concentrate on next year:

Band Sampler RR
Bloom
Windemere Angel
Rosebud Lullaby
Mill Hill Snowman

The band sampler RR and bloom are both very close to being done which is why I'll do them first ;). The others I will work on in between working on whatever screams my name the loudest. That way I will hopefully satisfy both needs--to finish and to have fun :)


Tomorrow--a list of projects I really want to start ;)

Currently working on: Halloween exchange, 2006 Mini RR, Story RR, Finishers Too, Ian's Dino Mini
Posted by hollyday @ 3:30 PM

Comments:

I feel the same way, Holly...if I feel like I HAVE to finish a piece then that takes all the fun out of it. Nice list of projects and you've got a plan on how to attack them. Good luck!
By Blogger _, at 10:01 AM
wow, what a list!
By Blogger Jaime, at 12:00 PM
Sounds like a great plan, Holly! I can't wait to see your list of projects you want to start :)
By Blogger Megan, at 7:49 PM
Such wonderful things to choose among! I can't wait to see what new projects you want to start.
By Blogger Margaret, at 8:42 AM