The stitches of life

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Future projects 

As promised (although late, for which I do apologize ;), here is a list of projects I really want to start at some point. They are not listed in any particular order:

*Old World Map (Janlynn ? Kit)
*French Heart (SB)
Hunt (SB)
*Geisha (needlepoint Dimensions Gold kit)
Teacup Bellpull (Lorri Birmingham)
Violet Teacup pincushion (Lorri Birmingham)
*Roses & Violets (Gitta)
Garden (Hinzeit)
Home (SB)
Brotherly Love (Brittercup Designs)
Britty Puppies
*College of Magical Knowledge (HAED)

The ones with asteriks are large projects, the rest are small to medium :). I'd like to get at least one large project done before starting one of these large ones, but we'll see ;). For the small ones I'm not as worried, and indeed may start Hunt in January--it's very small but very cute :).

Ideally I'd like to use the STRIP method (can't remember what the acronym stands for LOL ;). That's where you finish 2 projects before starting a new one, so in theory your WIP pile will eventually diminish instead of growing. It's been so long since I started something just for me though that I may spend January starting new projects and then move on to stripping ;). I probably shouldn't use that word--God knows what kind of people will find my blog when they google it ;). Oh well, they'll be bored to tears once they realize this has nothing to do with that and everything to do with cross stitch ROFLMAO!

Currently working on: 2006 Mini RR, Story RR, Finisher's Too, Ian's Dino Mini
Posted by hollyday @ 8:26 AM

Comments:

Sounds like a great plan Holly! lol at the thought of who might get here with a google search. Now I need to know what the acronym stands for. (and hon, stopped stressing about the story rr, everyone is flexible)
WooHOO! Holly the stripper!!! Hubba, hubba, hubba!

I heard something about a group of women stripping at Hershey. Maybe you heard the story too? ;)
By Blogger Sara Laughs, at 9:43 AM
There was STRIPPING at Hershey? And here I thought that was a wholesome, family sort of atmosphere ;)

Your plan sounds great, Holly - and I vote that you stitch just for you in January, and then start your STRIPtease. Its so nice to stitch for ourselves.
By Blogger Megan, at 9:53 AM
I love your plan! Maybe I'll start a few things FOR ME in January and then start my STRIP-tease as well.
By Blogger Margaret, at 6:07 PM
STRIP, huh? Not sure what that stands for but it sure made me giggle to read it. I have a phobia of having too many projects going. ;) ezpqcbgc
By Blogger Tina, at 8:27 AM