The stitches of life

Monday, October 30, 2006

Election day 

Election day is fast approaching and like many others I will be very happy when it's over. Of course I'd be thrilled if I get the outcome I want, but either way I'll be happy to be rid of the phone calls, t.v. ads, junk mail, etc. Why they think pestering me will make me more likely to vote for them is beyond me. Especially the party I'm a member of--they have me on their mailing list, I contribute to them monthly, so they should know they have my vote. I stay away from politics and current events in this blog because some of my friends and most of my family do not agree with my views, and I want them to be comfortable reading here. I have thought recently about starting a separate blog for those types of conversations however--that way they could avoid reading it and hopefully everyone would be happy ;). I just feel like I'm missing something here as politics and current events are one of my interests, and something that Dave and I talk about all the time. I'd really like to have an outlet where I can put things in writing--sometimes to clarify for me and sometimes to vent LOL ;).

I will have to think about it--maybe the mood will pass once the election is over, but I doubt it ;)

Currently working on: 2006 Mini RR, Story RR, Finishers Too, Ian's Dino Mini RR
Posted by hollyday @ 8:19 AM

Comments:

Whereas I've been reading the paper frantically trying to figure out local races since I have no history with any candidates here!!! No phone calls. Whew.
By Blogger Margaret, at 9:57 AM
Suggestion. Don't post your text in Pink if your backgrounds Pink or light shades of it. Ladies might have better eyes when it comes to colour, but I for one couldn't read the text. HAPPY BLOGGING.
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 AM
Yup, right there with you...I'll be glad when it's over as I'm sick of all the phone calls. As far as you posting about politics on this blog, I think you should. If others don't like what you have too say, they can just skip over that post.. But there's no reason to not discuss something that's a big part of your life...that's what blogs are all about. (((Hugs)))
By Blogger _, at 10:12 PM
We don't get calls either because we have Vonage or because we're unlisted or both but my snail mail has been 75% political junk for the past couple of months. I'm not going to miss that.
By Blogger Sara Laughs, at 1:20 PM