The stitches of life

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

What a week 


I know it's only Wednesday, but it's been a heck of a week so far. We went to mom's over the weekend and shortly before we left to come home on Sunday Dave got sick--made for an interesting trip home. I did all the packing, driving and unpacking when we got home, got everyone settled, got dinner etc. Then he stayed home Monday which was okay. Monday night (Tuesday morning) Brendan woke up at 1:30 throwing up which continued off and on until after 5 a.m. Then Dave made the mistake of telling Ian what was wrong with Brendan, so Ian decided he didn't feel well either. Having only had a little over 2 hours of sleep I didn't feel like fighting with him so I let him stay home also. Dave stayed home too as he was exhausted and to help me, so it was a full house yesterday.

Fortunately Brendan had a much better night with no throwing up. He's still home today because he didn't eat much yesterday and is still very tired so I'm letting him rest. Hopefully he'll be able to go tomorrow, not only for him but for me too ;). Dave has sailing class this weekend so I'll be watching them all weekend and I'd like at least 2 days to get into a schedule again before that happens. *sigh*. Next week will be better right?

In stitching I haven't gotten much done for obvious reasons. I started a keychain for Brendan's backpack which will have the superman symbol. I made one for Ian (with dinosaurs) when he started kindergarten and wanted to do the same for Brendan :). I also need to at least start Jacque's band sampler RR and Jaime's mini RR this week. I may switch between them and something for me so I can keep my motivation going. The lovely wish fairy sent me HAED's "College of Magical Knowledge" Monday which was a huge surprise and really made my day! I put the picture in here--isn't it gorgeous?! I went and got the fabric for it yesterday and I'll start it today--I think I deserve a little treat after the last few days ;)

Currently working on Band Sampler RR, 2006 Mini RR, Ian's dino mini RR, Superman symbol
Posted by hollyday @ 7:02 AM

Comments:

My goodness girl! You need a vacation from vacation! Enjoy your HAED, that's quite the undertaking!
By Blogger ., at 9:38 AM
I hope everyone's on the mend soon.

Oh my. That is some HAED!!!
By Blogger Margaret, at 10:32 AM
oh no! (((HUGS)))
I am sorry everyone has been sick this week. hope they are all better today. Just hope you are not sick this weekend :)
By Blogger Jaime, at 11:50 AM