The stitches of life

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Here comes the rain again 

Love that song! And so appropriate this weekend as we deal with the remnants from Ernesto. Unfortunately it means the boys won't get any swimming in this holiday weekend, which kind of sucks, but at least we used the pool a lot more this summer. We really needed the rain, as long as it stays light we should be okay with no flooding (I hope!).

I feel like crap today so I think I'll just take it easy. Dave is working this morning but will be home after lunch, and he's taking off Tuesday to help with the boys on their first day so that will be nice. Plus once they're at school we can spend the rest of the day together alone! We be mostly running errands/doing projects, but we'll be together which is what counts :).

With the rain it will be the perfect day for stitching ;). I'm really on a roll these days and it feels so good! It's so nice to be thinking about stitching, looking forward to stitching, and actually stitching again! It will only get stronger with the trip to Hershey this year which I am really looking forward to :). Last night I worked on Ian's dino mini RR again for the first time since July. I'd like to get this last dino done so that the next time I pick it up I can start on the border. I also got about an hour and a half done on the butterfly for a friend--imagine working on 2 projects in one day! That hasn't happened in a while ;).

Here's what I have to finish for September:

1) Band sampler RR--this will be my last one and then this RR is done!
2) Mini RR
3) Halloween Exchange--actually have a couple of days in Oct. to finish it if I have to, but would like to have it done early
4) Story RR--I'd like to get my portion of this done so it will be finished when it comes back, but we'll see ;)

I don't think I'll have time in there to work on Ian's piece, but with all my extra time with them in school I may be surprised LOL ;)

I guess that's all for now!

Currently working on: Band Sampler RR, 2006 Mini RR, Story RR, Ian's dino mini RR
Posted by hollyday @ 9:26 AM

Comments:

woohoo!
sounds like you are going to have some stitchy finishes this weekend!
Tuesday sounds like it is going to be really nice for you and Dave.
I think your September goals look great... I think you are going to have more rain than you think you will :)
By Blogger Jaime, at 9:23 PM